Monday, January 10, 2011

Fun tea towels...

Quick story first before I show you the project...Wonderful Hubbie goes to visit his family with our youngest two kiddos. When he returns he says, "My aunt has this neat thing on her oven. It is a tea towel but it looks like a dress." Me "Sounds cute, can you tell me more?" Him "Nope, didn't look at it too closely."

Well great! Sounds cute but no real details. Since have I made tops and worked with tea towels in the past, I have a few ideas. First few attempts are not going to be pictured because I just didn't like the dress part, so I stopped and started again.
First finished one...
This is made with flannel and a cotton tea towel. When it was finished I put it on the oven. Son walks by with no comment. Hubbie walks by with AGAIN no comment. Sweet princess and angel girl walks by, stops and announces "Aunt Peggy has one just like that!" YES! I have success. So, I ask Hubbie who looks at it again and says "Cute and yeah I guess it is like hers. I didn't really look at it closely!"

                            Second attempt...
This is my second one made of a tea towel and fabric I had. This time it is a cotton top with a terry towel. I have to say I don't care for it as much as I do the cotton tea towel. So, I have bought new towels and plan to try a third one with a different fabric for the towel. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. those are so cute! i think they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how cute are those? Absolutely adorable! Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog :0)

    ReplyDelete